A stone that has a history and meaning for a person, whatever its financial value, has an affective value that is more important to me, and it can continue to live through unique creations that will be carried and transmitted.
Many of the creations presented were born following appointments with clients bringing their stones, their stories and their wishes. From listening, trial and error, multiple trials and constraints, creations have appeared that the customer has been able to take full advantage of.
Personalization for me also means dealing with everyone's demands, I pay as much attention to a small budget as to an important one.
There is also a question of know-how. When I make a jewel, I make sure to respect the rules of requirement of a Tournaire jewel:
- Comfort: using an almond body or an offset body for right hand or left hand. A jewel is made to be worn and must be able to be almost forgotten.
- Solidity: with a thick body and the most "tender" stones protected by sentinels in harder gems.
- Aesthetics and difference: "we notice the people who wear my jewels, because they mark. Sometimes I have been questioned in the metro in Paris, to ask myself: "Is it a Tournaire jewel that you wear there?".
- Advice and adaptation to the person: in relation to the color of the skin or hair for example, to have a jewel that corresponds to the person who wears it.
- Symbolism: because a jewel is not just a simple accessory.
Give a second life to jewelry that makes sense, a story for our customers. Sometimes, I return to the style of the day, with the Tournaire style, old jewels that the customers do not put on but which retain a sentimental value.